News from the Department
2012 – 2013 – 2014 main events
Hedi SELLAMI is the new director of the Geosciences Department with Vincent LAGNEAU as assistant director, as a replacement for Damien GOETZ.
- The Pierre-Londe Prize awarded by the French Committee for Rock mechanics has been awarded to Laura MARTIN BLANCO for her work on the theoretical and experimental study of anchor bolting distributed under axial stress.
- Daniela DONNO (Geophysics team) has been named "Outstanding Reviewer" of the GEOPHYSICS journal.
- The thesis of Edwige Lefebvre-Polus, "Cross contributions of geostatistical and deterministic modelling. Example of nitrates and dissolved oxygen in a river system", has won the silver medal of the French Academy of Agriculture.
Poster award granted by the European Geosciences Union (EGU)
The best poster prize of the European Geosicence Union (conference in Vienna, Austria, April 2012) has been awarded to a young researcher, Abed BENAICHOUCHE. More information
Congresses and conferences
- AIEG 2014 - Congress of the International Association for Engineering Geology - Turin, 15th - 19th September 2014. More information
- GeoENV 2014 - 10th international conference on Geostatistics for environmental applications - Paris, 9th - 11th July 2014. More information.
Scientific afternoon as a tribute to Michel DEMANGE,
from his alumni and colleagues
The book of the communications is available on demand.
Workshop : 100 years of electrical imaging - MINES ParisTech - 9-10 juillet 2012 - Paris
Workshop organised by the Geophysics group, on the opportunity of the centenary of the first experiment conducted by Conrad Schlumberger.
Innovation in the Geosciences: a day with Bernard Beaudoin, 6th July 2012
organized by the French Geological Society, the French Group of the Cretaceous, the Association of French Sedimentologists and the Geosciences department
Conference "High temperatures for electric storage" 4th July 2012
Oral presentations (in French only)
16 - 19 April 2012 : Mechanical Behaviour of Salt
SaltMech 7 was the 7th congress of those dedicated to the mechanical behaviour of salt. It was organized by the Geosciences and Geoengineering Research Department of MINES ParisTech and the LMS of Polytechnique ParisTech. The congress aimed to provided a forum for academics, researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and recent developments in the field of the mechanical behaviour of salt. More
Ecole thématique du CNRS / INSU / MINES ParisTech - Geosciences Department
Mineral resources : the outlook of the mining engineer - 1st - 3rd February 2012 - MINES ParisTech - Paris
Scientific conferences held at the Théâtre Municipal de Fontainebleau, 2011-2012
For any information : email@example.com
- Hydrocarbons : current status and technological challenges - 29th September 2011
- The main impact of hydrocarbon consumption : CO2 emissions - 27th March 2012
- Underground and new energy - 9th May 2012
2010-2011 main events
Shale gas, a new Eldorado for gas exploration
Interview with Hedi Sellami (June 2011)
Are we entering a golden age of gas ? The answer to this question, asked by the International Energy Agency in the introduction of its latest report on the global market of energy, is likely to be positive, as experts ensure a bright future for this source of energy. Unconventional resources have a lot to do with it : in the United States, shale gas in particular has caused a veritable gold rush. Not without causing serious concerns for the environment ...Read more
The best poster prize of the "Climatology and meteorology and sampling design" session of the "Spatial Data Methods for Environmental and Ecological Processes" congress (Foggia, Puglia, Italy) has been awarded to Thomas ROMARY, Chantal de FOUQUET and Laure MALHERBE, from the Geostatistics group. More
A tribute paid to the memory of Professor Marcel ARNOULD
During the technical seminar organized on 27th January 2011 by the CFGI (French Committee of Engineering Geology and the Environment), with the CFMS (French Committee of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnics) and the CFMR (French Committee of RockMechanics).
Conference "The future of oil", by Bernard Fourcade (from TOTAL), in French, organized by
Participation of the Geosciences department, in collaboration with Varel company, in further event
"Au plus profond des forages", (Deep down inside drillings),paper by C. Bensimon issued in